We are here to help you
River Bend Hospital serves the mental and behavioral health needs of those requiring short-term intervention and mental health care regardless of their ability to pay for services. Our patient advocate specialists work with patients who are uninsured or underinsured to explain options for health insurance coverage or financial assistance and provide guidance throughout the application process.
Our patient advocate specialists can help:
- Determine whether you qualify for financial assistance
- Assist you in completing the application
- Check on the status of your application
- Answer your questions
Our patient advocate specialists can help you determine whether you qualify for:
- Health Insurance Marketplace (Affordable Care Act)
- Hoosier Healthwise – Medicaid for low-income families, pregnant women, and children
- Healthy Indiana Program (HIP) for uninsured adult Hoosiers ages 19 to 64
- Medicaid for the Aged and Disabled
Applying for financial assistance
Financial assistance may be considered if you have uncompensated medical bills. The patient advocate specialist will review your eligibility for medical coverage offered by state, federal, and local programs. As certified Indiana Navigators, our specialists may also assist with filing an application and even the appeal process if coverage is inappropriately denied.
Free and partially discounted medical services are available for patients with qualifying income levels. These limits are set at 250% of the federal government’s annual poverty guidelines. Our specialists can review your situation and help determine your eligibility.
For more information, please call (765) 464-0400.